One lucky office is going to next month’s 2012 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX! All it takes to win is one single email or tweet.
To celebrate next month’s 2012 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX, DHL, the Official Logistics Partner of Formula 1™ is offering one office of Real Business readers five general admission tickets to the race.
To enter and enjoy a great day of racing with four members of your team, either email us at email@example.com (subject line: DHL) or tweet us direct at @real_business with the name of the Official Logistics Partner of Formula 1™ to win. Closing date is Wednesday, the 4th of July, at exactly 00:00.
DHL has 20 years of motor sport experience. Each Formula 1™ race requires complex logistics be put into motion. DHL has specialised offices, located in England and Italy, to coordinate the transport of cars, equipment and fuel to all F1™ tracks around the world by land, sea and air.
From race cars, replacement parts and pit-crew equipment to special fuel and the furnishings of the VIP Formula One Paddock Club™, DHL's dedicated specialist teams move around 300 tons of material for each race weekend. DHL also has a 24-hour service office at each circuit, ready to respond to any urgent need of the Formula 1™ teams.
Facts about Formula 1™- A Formula 1™ engine is composed of 5,000 individual parts.
- About 20,000 individual items are transported by air to each overseas race site.
- It takes seven weeks for equipment to travel by ship from Europe to Melbourne for the opening race.
- Last-minute deliveries to the race locations can be made in less than 24 hours.
- The material and equipment for each overseas race is enough freight to fill 100 trucks.
- The largest component transported is the the unibody or 'monocoque' of an F1™ car, which can be 60 carbon-fiber layers in thickness. Each carbon-fiber layer is approximately six micrometers thick.
- DHL transports over 1 million litres of fuel to Formula 1™ races each year.
The F1 FORMULA 1 Logo, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX, FORMULA ONE PADDOCK CLUB, PADDOCK CLUB and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing BV or Allsport Management SA. All rights reserved.