Yep, it’s that time again, when we look back at what were the most-read stories of the year.
This year, the top ten heavily features stories about The Apprentice, showing just how much Britain enjoys its weekly dose of Lord Sugar. What other stories made the top ten?
Top ten most-read stories on RealBusiness.co.uk in 2011:
- How I got a blank book to the top of the Amazon charts: Real Business columnist Shed Simove explains how he published a bestseller in just nine days (and made a million authors instantly hate him). This story broke our servers…literally.
- The Apprentice’s Melody Hossaini: Seven facts you didn’t know: Melody was, from the start of this year’s Apprentice, one of the show’s most searched-for candidates. While searches for Melody may have been boosted by her good looks, we’re confident that her on-screen personality also played a part. We uncovered seven exclusive facts about her past.
- The Apprentice 2011: Preview: Lord Sugar pulled a fast one on the public when he changed the format of The Apprentice. We had the inside scoop over what the changes would be.
- Future 50: Shortlisted companies announced: When we launched the Future 50 programme, in association with Red Bull, we had no idea how popular it would get. And popular it was. Our story on the Future 50 shortlisted candidates went viral.
- London’s most eligible startup CEOs: Looks aren’t everything, but they do help. Real Business columnist Milo Yiannopoulos revealed who London’s hottest startup CEOs were. Warning: some of these founders are no longer single.
- Steve Jobs: Ten best quotes on business: Steve Jobs’ death was a sad moment for the tech world this year. But Jobs’ legacy will continue to live on. Here are his ten best quotes on business.
- Is it legal to jailbreak your iPad 2? The arrival of the iPad 2 caused entrepreneurs to rush to their nearest Apple store. But one question remained: would it be legal to jailbreak it and install apps for free? We had the answer.
- The five best business TV shows: We asked Real Business what their favourite business TV shows were – the results make for great Christmas gifts.
- Sceptics slam Groupon IPO: It seems not everyone is as positive about a Groupon IPO as its founder Andrew Mason is. The Groupon controversy got our readers clicking, that’s for sure.
- Ultimate list of must-follow people on Twitter: This list, published in January last year, deserves a refresh. Who are the must-follow entrepreneurs and investors on Twitter? Here’s the 2010 list.
What was your favourite story of the year? What type of stories would you most like us to write about more? Leave your comments and feedback below.