Choosing a company name can sometimes result in disaster, following our round-up of the brand disputes that resulted in lawsuits. However, that shouldn’t dampen your creative flair as the 20 best business names have been revealed – and they’re pun-derful.
The Vistaprint research revealed that 40 per cent of UK consumers are more inclined to use a business with a witty or memorable moniker, rather than one with a traditional title.
Indeed, some 60 per cent added that a creative business name is preferable to a generic one. One in ten even said they remember a funny business name from over ten years ago.
Meanwhile, being in possession of one of the best business names will result in word of mouth marketing, as a third of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand with a sharp slogan.
According to the results, the 20 best business names in the UK are:
(1) Spruce Springclean, carpet cleaners, Lostwithiel, Cornwall
(2) Surelock Homes, locksmith, Portsmouth
(3) Planet of the Grapes, wine bar and restaurant, London
(4) Floral and Hardy, florists, Hertfordshire
(5) A Fish Called Rhondda, fish and chip shop, Pentre, Wales
(6) Wright Hassall, solicitors, Leamington Spa
(7) Jean Claude Van Man, removal company, Merseyside
(8) Sellfridges, white goods outlet, Stoke Newington
(9) Grate Expectations, fireplace specialists, Wimbledon
(10) Bonnie Tiler, tiling and plumbing, Gateshead
(11) Deja Brew, coffee house, Denton
(12) The Chopfather, barbers, Bristol
(13) Barnie’s Rubble, DIY shop, Bolton
(14) Facial Attraction, beauty salon, Pontypool, Wales
(15) Samuel ‘L’ Jackson, driving instructor, Southport
(16) Hair Raid Shelter, hairdressers, Downham Market, Norfork
(17) Alan Cartridge, office supplies, Leeds
(18) Jason Donervan, food truck, Bristol
(19) Frying Nemo, fish and chip shop, Yorkshire
(20) PG Trips, bus charter, Houghton le Spring
Oliver Harcourt, head of Vistaprint UK, said: “Small businesses around the UK are always finding clever and innovative ways to showcase their offerings. Having a creative business name is one example of how you can be more memorable to your customers and stand out from the crowd.
“Some of the shops from our poll are businesses that are generations old, showing that a catchy name can stand the test of time.”
Additional findings revealed two-thirds of shoppers smile when they hear a quirky shop name and a quarter even think they receive better customer service in such stores.
If any of these names take your fancy, you can join them as Vistaprint gives advice on creating the best business names here.