Speaking at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School today, Stone (who has more that 1,648,000 followers on Twitter) revealed the ten pieces of advice he gives each one.
1. We can change the world, build a business AND have fun.
2. We don’t always know what’s going to happen. Leave the door open for the unexpected.
3. There is a creative answer to every problem. Always take a crack at the weird, out-there ideas.
4. There are more smart people outside our company. If you want to learn something new, don’t just look inside Twitter, get out there.
5. We will always win if we do the right thing for our users.
6. The only deal worth doing is a win-win deal. If you’re always trying to get the upper hand, the partnership will inevitably fall apart.
7. Your co-workers are smart and they have good intentions.
8. Opportunities can be manufactured. Create opportunities yourself and then take advantage of them. Don’t wait around for them to come to you.
9. Creativity is a renewable resource. Use it up to its max every day.
10. Benjamin Franklin once said: “Perhaps the history of the errors of mankind, all things considered, is more valuable and interesting than that of their discoveries.” Make mistakes and enjoy them.
Share this story