The YGLs were drawn from a pool of over 2,000 candidates, under the age of 40, from 66 countries and recognised for bringing a range of expertise to the community from across the world.
Over half of the new intake are women, with 50 per cent coming from the private sector and the other half from the public sector, including government, media, academia, arts and culture and civil society.
“The YGL Community assembles the world’s most outstanding next-generation leaders who have a proven record of extraordinary achievement and helps them further develop in their leadership journey,” said David Aikman, managing director and head of New Champions at the World Economic Forum.
“The community provides its members with a peer network that challenges them to not only do more, but to be more. Being part of the YGL community is a transformational experience, where leaders turn their personal success into global significance and positive impact in their countries, industries and areas of expertise,” he said.
List of Brits to have made it onto the YGLs top:
- Michael Acton Smith Chief executive officer, Mind Candy Ltd
- Patrick Allen Head of news, Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC
- Sarah-Jayne Blakemore Professor of neuroscience, UCL
- Kieron Boyle Head of social investment and finance, Cabinet Office
- Rachel Carrell – Chief executive officer, LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor
- Rocksana Ciurysek-Gedir Director, head for central and eastern Europe, Edmond de Rothschild
- Nathalie Dauriac-Stoebe Chief Executive, Signia Wealth
- Kathryn Dovey Tax policy analyst, Global Forum on Tax Transparency, OECD
- Banafsheh Geretzki Senior director, Alvarez & Marsal Europe
- Catherine Howarth Chief executive officer, ShareAction
- Sony Kapoor Managing director, Re-Define
- Francesca McDonagh Regional head of retail Banking Wealth Management, Mena, HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd
- Belinda Parmar Chief executive officer and author, Lady Geek
- Catherine Parry Chief executive officer, Templars Communications
- Lila Preston Partner, Generation Investment Management LLP
- Rohan Silva Entrepreneur in residence, Index Ventures
- Maseena Ziegler Author and entrepreneur