As part of our endeavor to find businesses improving offerings through technological means in our Microsoft 30 Digital Champions campaign, we talked to Wilson about how diets need to be able to fit within your lifestyle, and how the use of technology helped IsosHealth give its consumers more flexibility.(1) Please give us a brief introduction to the business? IsosHealth gives users direct access to top validated health experts, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Different to other health and wellness firms, customers can use as many different specialists as they desire, perhaps a combination of fitness, nutrition and motivation, without any additional charges. This allows customers to improve their overall health goals and outcomes much quicker, whether that’s weight loss, training for a sports event or just a general wellness boost, than you’d do by focusing on one area at the time. (2) What have the significant growth milestones been in the last few years? Having recently launched, our most significant growth milestone to date was to get all the health experts signed up to make sure that we can properly cater for our customers from day one. With some of the top industry professionals signed to the business, we couldn’t have asked for a better start.
(3) What inspires you as an entrepreneur/business owner, and how does that come across with your company? Over the last few years, crash and quick fix diets have become more popular than ever. And although the results are imminent, if not even immediate, they are not sustainable. In fact, it’s been suggested that the vast majority of people making health related New Years resolutions actually fail to achieve them, simply because they’re not realistic. Having witnessed this over and over again, I wanted to create a company that encouraged people to live a healthier life, not for a day or ten, but to incorporate this healthier way of living into every day life. IsosHealth is different in the way it works with users. Nothing is forbidden or set in stone; instead, each person, together with its selected expert, creates a bespoke model that fits around that person’s lifestyle – it may be a very hands-on approach or just a check in with your “coach” every now and then to make sure you’re on track. It all comes down to being flexible and suitable for everyone. By striving to be at the forefront of things and demanding the best from ourselves with what we deliver, we make sure to take that extra little time to get things right whilst listening and acting upon feedback, which really drives us on. (4) What kind of obstacles are you encountering as you grow your enterprise? As with most small businesses, the initial start-off phase is always a challenge. We’ve been lucky enough to work with some of the top people within the industry, which has allowed us to really push out the boat from day one. As a result, we know that our product can deliver on what we promise, which is always a bonus. Read more from our Microsoft 30 Digital Champions:
- The Scottish fashion retailer mixing it with the big boys
- Briqs is why traditional banking services are under pressure to innovate
- The shoe brand getting orders from global musicians and royalty
- The growing coffee shop chain set in police boxes and a barge
- The events firm shaking up the way companies do away days
(5) How is technology helping you to overcome hurdles, and what are the challenges of implementation? By allowing users to share photos, documents and messages with their chosen specialists, there’s no longer any need to wait for any appointments or referrals. Whether a serious health concern or a mere “push in the right direction”, IsosHealth’s experts can also provide the answers through secure personalised virtual consultations, all designed to make a happier, healthier you. With the vast number of health and wellness apps and platforms out there already, we wanted to make sure not to overcomplicate matters but rather keep things simple and straight-forward. Our one-to-one online clinics use the latest technologies to enable you and your specialist to reach and sustain your health goals for life. You can now have the support of your own personal specialist, anytime and any where. From the comfort of your home, desk, the gym or even abroad. (6) Do you employ any kind of flexible working, and how does technology fit into this? Definitely – our working schedules are all down to our users – we’re available as and when they want us to be. Having said that, this doesn’t mean that we’re all locked up in an office but rather the opposite. The IsosHealth platform is all about “health on the go”, for users and for the people we work with; as long as the work is being done to the highest possible standards. (7) What kind of technology tools can you not work without? We’re dependent on a number of different technology tools and gadgets including online security, to make sure all our users’ details are 100 per cent safe and kept confidential, as well as communications channels, to give our users access to our professionals. We’re also using an analytics program to measure the success of the platform, number of new users, most popular day/time of the week to speak to your expert, what are the main concerns amongst the users etc. Information such as this allows up to be up to speed with matters as well as making changes and tweaks as and when needed. (8) What kind of technology would help you better compete with larger rivals? Some of the great technology used by the big players aren’t feasible for us simply because it’s too expensive. Instead, we stick to what we know and trust. Also, being a smaller player means that we actually don’t require the same in-depth programs as we’re just fine relying upon the slightly simpler version of things. Having said that, as the business grows and we’re expanding internationally, we will have to start exploring more, and new, technology solution to make sure to remain on top of the game. (9) Where do you want to take your business in the future? As we continue to grow in the UK, the US is our next target, with focus around the sunshine states and places such as New York where wellness and a healthy lifestyle plays a key part of people’s life.
Share this story