Real Business is one of the longest running business publication for SMEs.
Launched in 1997 as a monthly print magazine, our mission was “for entrepreneurs by entrepreneurs.” Now, 21 years on, we believe in telling the truth about SME life.
We reach over 240,000 people in the SME ecosystem, including business owners, finance directors to HR mangers, accountants, legal experts, investors, bankers, alternative financiers and more. The team behind Real Business also serves the underserved: the UK’s most inspiring micro business owners who employ less than 10 people.
Our mission is to the tell the truth about SME life, and we do this by inspiring and informing our readers on the latest news and views in the UK business world, sharing business success and failures, as well as starting conversations and encouraging healthy debate.
As an SME, we’ve gone through the motions to get to where we are today; one of the most read business publications that tells the truth about SME life. We’re sharing our growth story, the biggest business lessons we’ve learned along the way and our advice on how to become and stay a market leader.
The team behind Real Business also publishes Business Advice, for micro companies employing fewer than ten people.
Real Business is also the only title to run a portfolio of industry-leading awards programmes and events with CBI. Our product portfolio also includes a series of event titles for SMEs and those who run them:
The Hot 100 – The definitive analysis of the UK’s high-growth businesses
FD Surgery – The biggest annual gathering of entrepreneurial finance directors and CFOs
The FDs’ Excellence Awards – The most prestigious programme recognising UK finance directors
The Amazon Growing Business Awards – The most important recognition for UK SMEs
The Future 50 – The definitive research into the stars of the next business generation
Event partners include the CBI, Shell, RBS and ICAEW.
Get in touch
Real Business is the perfect platform to reach a vital business audience through advertising, sponsorship or other innovative solutions. Contact Gurbir Phull to find out more at 020 7045 7591 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the benefits of sponsoring one of our industry-leading events, contact Greg Hackett at 020 7045 7582 / email@example.com
If you’ve got an opinion, story idea, or just want to say hi, call 020 7045 7570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
Real Business welcomes informed opinions, expert advice, story ideas, and interview opportunities. If you are interested in writing for us, please refer to the guidelines below:
- Please submit a short synopsis for consideration to email@example.com confirming the name, job title and organisation of the author.
- In the case of completed articles, please confirm whether the article has been published elsewhere.
- Preference will be given to original content, advice and analysis, but we will also consider commentary.
- We are the Submissions should range between 600 and 1000 words.
- Because of the very large volume of submissions we receive, we will contact you only if we feel able to accept your piece. If you do not hear from us within three business days, please feel free to submit your article to other publications.
- Please submit your article or pitch just once. Do not submit it to multiple editors.
Meet the team