Telling the truth about SME life today
Real Business has championed entrepreneurship in the UK since 1997. It is now the main source of inspiration, education, and collaboration for the owners of fast-growing businesses, from startups to mid-market companies. Real Business provides readers with high profile interviews, news, insight and industry benchmark reports, as well as a growing stable of events tailored to SME growth.
The team behind Real Business also publish Business Advice for micro businesses employing fewer than ten people.
Together, Real Business and Business Advice are dedicated to telling the truth about SME life today through genuine experiences, actionable information, insight, and inspiration.
Real Business was founded in 1997, and since then, we’ve grown in tandem with Britain’s entrepreneurial spirit.
As an SME in our own right, we’ve gone through the motions to get to where we are today; the UK’s most-read business resource that tells the truth about SME life. Check out our timeline for a snapshot of our growth story.
- 1997The first issue hits the stands
- 1998The Growing Business Awards launches
- 2000The Future 50 launches, recognising the UK’s most ambitious startups
- 2005The First Women Awards launches to celebrate female entrepreneurship
- 2007The Hot 100 league table turns 10
- 2014Real FD launches to inspire and inform entrepreneurial finance directors
- 2014FD Surgery, a one-day conference for finance directors launches
- 2017Black Cab Entrepreneurs, a video series profiling serial entrepreneurs, goes live
- 2018Real Business expands data-led content with exclusive league tables, webinar
Real Business publishes the best coverage of business advice and entrepreneurial stories. We have a diverse team of talented and experienced journalists who have a passion for digital storytelling. Get to know the people behind the content.
We love to hear from you. Whether it’s to pitch us a story or to reach our growing readership of entrepreneurs online or at our industry events, get in touch today.