It’s hard to imagine that Twitter was only founded in 2006. Since then Twitter’s 140 character limitations have forced fans to use shorthand – resulting in a massive acronym explosion.
Times have gotten so tough that the FBI has compiled it’s own Twitter dictionary, spanning 83 pages and containing “about 2,800 entries.”
The FBI is convinced that the list will help you “in your work or for keeping up with you children and/or grandchildren.”
However, some of the entries are particularly bizarre…
- POOF: Goodbye/leaving the room
- ALOTBSOL: Always look on the bright side of life
- GNSTDLTBBB: Good night, sleep tight, don’t let the bedbugs bite
- WYLABOCTGWTR: Would you like a bowl of cream to go with that remark?
- DITYID: Did I tell you I’m depressed?
- NIFOC: Naked in front of computer
- SHCOON: Shoot hot coffee out of nose
- SKI: Spend kids’ inheritance
- BTDTGTTAWIO: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and wore it out
Share this story