Dear Santa,Please may I have…
- Something serious done about ridiculous HR laws and the ability to easily dispose of staff who fail to do their jobs.
- An immediate overhaul of the laws of debt collection and a review of the function of the courts and the bailiffs so that they actually collect for businesses.
- Ways of making the so-called experts in business such as your accountant considerably more accountable.
- A few less government ministers leaping on re-vamped bandwagons about mentoring schemes as an excuse to further their own careers and a bit more concentration on measures that actually help businesses.
- The Olympics to prove a positive force to the British economy and not turn out to be a further burden on our national debt. (Greece? Need I say more!)
- Someone to rise up and strangle (or alternatively, government take action against) pressure-buying from the larger supermarkets and stores that have long put small businesses out of business.
- The press following the lead that Real Business set at the start of this recession and endeavouring to talk us out of, rather than into, further recession.
- Britain out of Europe. Sorry, my views are well known on this.
- Or, second choice, Dave Cameron to stick to his recently discovered guns and keep Britain?s own voice.
- Oh and ideally Santa, you could solve the entire world economic crisis. But, failing that, I hope all Real Business readers and I grow profitable little sledges to help us through 2012.
Share this story