I thought I’d have a bit of fun with my Real Business column this month.
I had three days in London scheduled, so I decided to capture my adventures on camera to show you the highs (and lows) of a typical week for me.
So grab a cup of tea, press play and see the capital hi-jinks I got up to.
A quick overview:
* On the Jeremy Vine show, getting into an argument on Radio 2
* At a party – the trick I used to quiet a room of 150 partygoers in three seconds
* Getting stuck in a lift with Dragon Deborah Meaden (or her getting stuck in a lift with me!)
* Doing an “unintentional” runner from private members club 1 Alfred Place without paying
* A brief run-in with Rachel Elnaugh and a James Caan-lookalike
* An impromptu speaking gig at the Business Startup show, which went horribly wrong
* A drunken visit to Tot-en-ham Court Road
* A visit to the newest central London 4Networking group in Liverpool Street
This is uncensored and unsanitised. Some may ask if this is the light in which an MD should be showing themselves. I’ll let you be the judge.
The way I see it, this social media stuff only works if you are prepared to share your life – and that means all the elements of it – with people.