The FDs” Excellence Awards are the most rigorous and prestigious UK awards scheme for UK finance directors. The awards are exclusively supported by the ?voice of business?, the CBI and Real Business magazine. In 2010, the awards are held in association with headline supporter, the ICAEW, the world-class professional accountancy body with more than 132,000 members in 165 countries.
The FDs” Awards are based on financial analysis conducted with information specialist, Jordans. In this section of the awards, we recognise high-profile FDs at the peak of their powers.
Today we reveal the shortlisted candidates. They range from FTSE 100 superstars such as Sushovan Hussain, CFO of global software group Autonomy, to the indomitable Mark O?Hara, who runs the finances at the privately owned construction business, J Cheesmur & Sons.
We will be telling you more about their individual stories over the coming weeks. For now, here are the full shortlists.
The FDs’ Excellence Awards, in association with the ICAEW, are held on May 12, 2010 at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square. This will be one of the biggest UK gatherings of FDs and senior finance professionals.
The full shortlists:
FTSE 100 FD of the Year
- Sushovan Hussain (Autonomy)
- Tim Score (Arm Holdings)
- George Rose (BAE Systems)
- John Langston (Smiths Group)
- Robert Dyrbus (Imperial Tobacco)
FTSE 250 FD of the Year
- Tony Durrant (Premier Oil)
- John Gibney (Britvic)
- Martin Griffiths (Stagecoach Group)
- David MacFarlane (Dana Petroleum)
- Paul Mainwaring (Tullet Prebon)
FD of the Year Outside the FTSE 350
- Dimitrios Gryparis (Globo)
- John Stchur (Asterand)
- Tim Sykes (Proactis)
- Robin Taylor (Intec Telecom Systems)
- Stephanie Quinn (Andor Technology)
Young FD of the Year
- Edward Bianco, Foreign Currency Direct
- Marc Bradley, Westbury Street Holdings
- Andrew Lewis, Avon Rubber
- Neil Warman, HML
- Brian Mullens, McDonald’s Restaurants
- Mark Tweed, GMAC UK
Private Company FD of the Year
- Simon Hardman, Minivator Group
- David Jackson, Enara Group
- Tim Maynard, Azzurri Communications
- Stephen Morana, Betfair
- Mark O?Hara, J Cheesmur & Sons
- Neal Roberts, IRIS Software & Services