This good news is being matched with action, job creation, and investment in fixed assets being reported by Britain’s mid-market firms.The research is based on responses by 459 CEOs, MDs and owners of largely mid market businesses conducted in September 2013 by Vistage, the world’s leading CEO organisation. Key findings from the Vistage Mid-Market Confidence Index include:
- 70 per cent report improved economic conditions compared to about a quarter at the start of the year;
- The recovery in fortunes for mid-market businesses is broadly-based across the whole country, with similar buoyant findings across all UK regions;
- The majority of mid-market businesses are now “in hiring mode”, with 61 per cent expecting that their number of employees will increase over the next year;
- About 30 per cent reported that they would start increasing employment in the first half of 2014, while 35 per cent reported no plans to increase their number of employees;
- Because of improved confidence, 51 per cent are increasing their expenditure on capital investments; and
- A huge 80 per cent expect that their business’s revenue will increase over the next year, with only a tiny two per cent expecting sales revenue to fall.
Share this story