Here’s a list of things to look out for when viewing a commercial property:
- First impressions count ask yourself whether this commercial property is somewhere you would really like to work?
- Will the space work for you” Is the image right for today and for your business moving forward
- Do reception and security personnel “meet and greet” visitors well or do they seem disinterested and ineffective
- Are the doors and windows of the commercial property properly secured from break-ins” Is there a shared alarm system or will you be able to install your own?
- Will the space work for you” Ask for a floor plan of the commercial property or be prepared to sketch your own grid plan. Typically for office requirements allow eight-to-ten square metres per person.
- What are the fixtures and fittings” If it’s an empty shell are there any rules about what you can do with the space
This commercial property mini-series covers other a range of commercial property tips and tricks:
- How to choose a commercial property space
- How to search for commercial property
- Understanding the costs and terms of the commercial property lease
- Agreeing the commercial property deal
James Friedenthal is business development director at Workspace.