The Chameleon Employer of the Year pitchTo be the best company in your sector, you have to have the best people, and you have to make the experience enjoyable and rewarding. That?s why we ripped up the rule book for recruiting. We ignore “university name dropping”, instead hiring people with edge, intelligence and passion. There is no one ?Chameleon?, and we are not robots. We operate through three principles ? real ways of working that pervade what we do:
- Think big and inspire ? always looking for new ways to solve client needs and do brilliant work
- Devoted to business ? all of our people focus on delivering great business results for clients, but also business success for our own company
- Passion for people ? because we all must respect each other?s difference, learn from one another and work together to deliver a great work environment
- Giving responsibility for running the business to a wider management team
- Running internal Training Tuesday events, where we have guest speakers and activities ranging from watching the London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearse to a creativity presentation from a toy maker
- Offering our best performers the opportunity to work from our partner offices across the world
- Offering everyone ?100 a year to spend on personal development ? so long as it has nothing to do with their work
- Company charity activities raising ?4,000 in the year
- Hotly contested bake?offs and chilli?growing competitions
- Impromptu BBQs and themed pub crawls
- Taking the whole company to Athens for our Christmas offsite
- We also gave 15 per cent of our profit in bonuses to reward our team for their excellent work and commitment
Key statsStaff retention: 93 per cent in 2015 Staff New Promoter Score: +77.8 Diversity: 12 per cent of workforce from an ethnic minority Equality: More than 60 per cent of our management team are female and 50 per cent of our total workforce are female And there is one more important point: we know we can?t keep good people forever. Our staff retention rate is very high, but occasionally people do want to leave to look at other opportunities and experience new challenges. This is inevitable and we actually welcome people looking to make positive career and life choices. Chameleon is more than a single person, single client or team. It is consistently evolving and a company we hope all of our people, present and past, are proud to be a part of.
Have a look at the other Employer of the Year shortlisted businesses:Make your vote count by picking your favourite for the Employer of the Year category at the 2016 Amazon Growing Business Awards below.
Share this story