Held in association with ICAEW and supported by the CBI and Real Business, the FDs’ Excellence Awards recognise the best-performing FDs from public and privately-owned companies in the UK.
Some of the country’s top finance directors have now been shortlisted for the awards, which will be held in London on May 10, 2011.
“Recognising the value of FDs and service providers to business survival and success has never been more important,” says Michael Izza, CEO of ICAEW. “Companies are often at their most vulnerable in the years immediately following a recession as they rush to take advantages for growth. The role of the FD in providing challenge within the boardroom is critical to good decision making.”
Young FD of the Year recognises outstanding FDs under the age of 40
- Johanna Dow, finance director of Edinburgh water company Business Stream
- Mark Tweed, chief financial officer at Cardiff-based GMAC UK
- Andrew Lewis, group finance director for Avon Rubber
- James Duncan Chisholm, chief financial officer at Sheffield-based British Glass Manufacturers” Confederation
- Neil Warman, the chief commercial & finance officerAt HML in Skipton
FD of the Future this new award spotlights high-potential finance leaders within mid-corporate UK businesses?
- Matthew Farrimond, financial controller of Preston building services firm Forrest
- Richard Gorringe, financial controller of Sunderland traffic control business SCS
- Matthew Vaughan, financial director of Middlewich’s British Salt
- Glenn Hayward, director of finance for Nominet
- Nathan Tate, financial controller of FAUN Municipal Vehicles in Anglesey
- Vicky Godliman, financial controller of York software licence company Trustmarque
Private Company FD of the Year
- Jim Green, finance director of Burton Foods in Hertfordshire
- Mark O?Hara, managing director of Cheesmur Building Contractors
- Martin Ashcroft, finance director of Blackburn-based Euro Garages
- Bill Dastur, chief financial officer for Marshall of Cambridge
- Philip Screeton, chief financial officer at Leeds-based Lowell Group
- Neil Maskrey, chief financial officer at Sheffield Forgemasters International
ICAEW Sustainable Business Award rewards FDs who have made sustainability a priority
- Richard Hutton, finance director of Newcastle-based Greggs
- Tony Deans, finance director at Capgemini
The shortlist for the FTSE categories will be announced March 25, 2011; and the award winners will be announced on May 10, 2011 at the London Marriott Hotel, Grosvenor Square. Find out more information on the FDs’ Excellence Awards website.