Last night’s FDs’ Excellence Awards saw Richard Pennycook, Morrisons’ FD, pick up the FD of the Year Award – read the full story here.
But who were the other winners of the FDs’ Excellence Awards 2011?
Held in association with the ICAEW and supported by the CBI and Real Business, the FDs’ Excellence Awards recognise the best-performing FDs from quoted and privately-owned companies in the UK.
At the FDs’ Excellence Awards ceremony last night, held in central London, the ICAEW Sustainable Business Award – celebrating corporate responsibility – was presented to Richard Hutton, FD of Greggs.
Other winners on the night were:
- FTSE 250 FD of the Year: Mike Butterworth, Cookson Group; Richard Perry, Fenner (joint winners)
- Smaller Quoted FD of the Year: Kevin Boyd, Oxford Instruments
- Young FD of the Year: Andrew Lewis, Avon Rubber
- Private Company FD of the Year: Jim Green, Burton’s Foods
- FD of the Future: Glenn Hayward, Nominet
As well as recognising individuals, the awards also champion the service providers that support Britain’s finance community.
On the basis of the FDs’ Satisfaction Survey, a questionnaire completed by nearly 900 senior financial decision makers around the country, the following companies were also recognised:
- Auditor of the Year (large firms): Grant Thornton
- Auditor of the Year (mid tier firms): Francis Clark
- Business Bank of the Year: Lloyds Banking Group
- Financial Software Provider for SMEs: IRIS Exchequer
- Financial Software Provider for Larger Organisations: SAP
- Recruitment Firm of the Year: Alexander Charles
“The past couple of years have been challenging for all companies,” said Michael Izza, chief executive of the ICAEW.
“As organisations restructure and reorganise to meet the new challenges of a fast-changing, globalised, digital economy, FDs are at the centre of the action. I hope these FDs’ Excellence Awards are worthy recognition of how much FDs benefit all our lives.
Helen Alexander, president of the CBI, added: “The strategic input of finance directors can determine the ultimate success or failure of a business. With the economic recovery being driven by the private sector, strong financial direction from within companies will be crucial for growth.”
The winners of the FDs’ Excellence Awards were announced at a high-profile event hosted by veteran broadcaster Peter Sissons on May 10, 2011 at the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square. Enterprise minister Mark Prisk MP gave the keynote speech.
Share this story