BT, ITV and moneysupermarket.com have demonstrated some of the strongest financial management amongst FTSE firms over the past three years, the shortlist for this year’s FDs’ Excellence Awards, held in association with ICAEW, has revealed.Tony Chanmugam, finance director of BT Group; Ian Griffiths, finance director of ITV; and Richard Doughty, CFO of moneysupermarket.com, have all been shortlisted for their companies’ strong financial management over the past three years. Created by Real Business, and supported by the CBI, the FDs’ Excellence Awards recognise the best-performing FDs from quoted and privately owned companies in the UK, as well as the service providers that support Britain’s finance community. The FTSE FD shortlist is produced using financial research from company data specialist Jordans. Three years’ worth of metrics such as cash management, return on equity, finance function discipline and balance sheet management are analysed in order to identify those companies that have exhibited exemplary financial management. Those in the running for the FTSE 100 FD of the Year award are:
- David Robbie, FD of Rexam;
- Tony Chanmugam, FD of BT Group;
- Ian Griffiths, FD of ITV;
- William Seeger, FD of GKN;
- Sean Christie, FD of Croda; and
- William Waggott, CFO of TUI Travel.
- Andrew Andrea, FD of Marston’s;
- Richard Amos, FD of Anite;
- Paul Doughty, CFO of moneysupermarket.com;
- Rick Medlock, CFO of Inmarsat;
- Brian Taylorson, FD of Elementis; and
- Andrew King, CFO of Mondi.
- Chris Smith, FD of API;
- Graham Stevens, FD of Plexus Holdings;
- Robert Brooksbank, FD of Carclo;
- Tim Holden, FD of Pendragon;
- Kevin Cameron, FD of Tangent Communications; and
- Richard Logan, FD of iomart Group.
Share this story