(4) How have you managed to keep the business family-owned all this time, and why did you decide to reject acquisition offers Ive turned down so many offers to buy the business, but what would I do then This is my life and my passion, almost all my children now work in the business, sharing the pride and passion I have for it and we continue to grow the business together, retaining the values that are important to us. There are so many restaurants out there, we stick to our principle values we dont believe in portion control or using centralised kitchens, we believe in having great, talented chefs who work with the best ingredients. Im happy when I see an empty plate, the loyalty of our diners means we must be doing something right. (5) What has business ownership taught you about money management Im very careful with my money, I always have been, but if I really want or believe in something, I will go for it. Ive learned my instincts are usually good. (6) Tell us about your smartest investments The acquisition of Signor Sassi on Knightsbridge Green near Harrods; because we nurtured it and it opened the door to the rest of the world for us. From that restaurant we signed a multi-site deal to open across the Middle East and beyond.
Read more about living the Business Class lifestyle:
- Art as investment: Paintings may have a price tag, but art itself is priceless
- Former Dragons Den investor Duncan Bannatyne puts holiday home up for sale
- Astonishing number of Londoners are millionaires
- Self-made millionaires
(8) What are your most expensive hobbies Even when I earned very little I would save and eat at the best restaurants from the Dorchester to Simpsons and the Savoy. Thats when I realised this would be my life, I still enjoy it today. (9) Most prized possession I would have to say my car; I have a Rolls Royce. I travel 1,200 miles a week to my restaurants so I want to be comfortable in the car. (10) What are your favourite luxury brands Histoires de Parfum 1725 and Hublot. (11) Where has your most luxurious holiday take you I havent had a holiday in years, Im too busy working! But I have enjoyed staying at some beautiful places in Italy, includingThe Regina Hotel in Rome. (12) Excluding property, what has been your most expensive purchase My Rolls Royce. By Zen Terrelonge
Looking for a new car Rolls-Royce has defined the future of luxury mobility with concept car.
Share this story