Bringing together sentiment on issues such as important developments in the next year and what is keeping them awake at night, with results of their favourite suppliers also provided, the survey is the closest you?ll get to the heartbeat of finance professionals throughout the UK.Bringing it all together, the FDs? Excellence Awards, bestowed at The FD Surgery, provided a snapshot of the market in its current shape. Held at the Royal College of Surgeons in London, finance heads from the likes of Charles Tyrwhitt, Tusker, easyGym and World First were in attendance.
The winners were:Software Vendor of the Year Xero Pensions Provider of the Year St James’s Place Accountancy firm of the Year (Smaller clients) RSM Accountancy firm of the Year (larger clients) Grant Thornton Bank Manger of the Year Mark Newman, Lloyds Banking Group Bank of the Year Lloyds Banking Group Tim Hinton, managing director, Mid Markets and SME Banking, Lloyds Banking Group, said: ?We?re absolutely delighted to win the FDs? Business Bank of the Year award for the 12th year running. This is the strongest possible endorsement from our clients and their finance directors of the work we are doing to support the many businesses that are the driving the UK economy. ?We remain committed to help companies, of all sizes and sectors, across the UK to meet their growth ambitions through the wide variety of support that Lloyds Banking Group can offer.? The FDs? Satisfaction Survey has continued to serve as a yardstick for the community, highlighting where pain points are and what change finance professionals are calling for. We?ve pulled together the key results in a handy video, but here are some of of the key findings. What will be your most important development in 2016? (1) General growth ? 57 per cent
(2) Acquisitions ? 10 per cent
(3) Hiring ? 8 per cent
(4) New product launch ? 8 per cent
(5) International expansion ? 7 per cent
(6) Fundraising ? 6 per cent
(7) Dealing with regulation ? 4 per cent What aspects of finance worry you the most? (1) Finding the right partner ? 25 per cent
(2) Currency fluctuations ? 22 per cent
(3) Guarantees ? 17 per cent
(4) Interest rates ? 17 per cent?
(5) Getting prepared for applications ? 12 per cent
(6) Flexibility ? 7 per cent What financing will you be considering in 2016? (1) Bank finance ? 47 per cent
(2) Asset-based lending ??24 per cent
(3) Private equity ? 9 per cent
(4) Currency hedging ? 9 per cent
(5) Trade finance ? 8 per cent
(6) Crowdfunding ? 2 per cent
(7) Angel investment ? 1 per cent Have a look at some of the content to come out of The FD Surgery below.
Share this story