IBM has released its annual “Five in Five” – a prediction of the five innovations that will change everyone’s life over the next five years.
The predictions are based on market and societal trends as well as emerging technologies from IBM’s research labs around the world.
Here are the five predictions. What do you think? And more importantly, where’s the opportunity for entrepreneurs?
- You will make your own energy. Anything that moves has the potential to create energy. Your running shoes, your bicycle and even the water flowing through your pipes can create energy.
- You will not need a password. Your biological makeup is the key to your individual identity, and soon, it will become the key to safeguarding it.
- Mind reading is no longer science fiction. Scientists are researching how to link your brain to your devices, such as a computer or a smartphone, so you just need to think about calling someone and it happens.
- The digital divide will cease to exist. In five years, the gap between information haves and have-nots will narrow considerably due to advances in mobile technology.
- Junk mail will become priority mail. Think about how often we’re flooded with advertisements we consider to be irrelevant or unwanted – it doesn’t have to be that way anymore.
Share this story