From businesses making a first foray into exporting to those turning over in excess of 50m, the annual Growing Business Awards brought together the cream of the UK entrepreneurial community.
Supported by the CBI and in association with Lloyds Bank, the evening was hosted by comedian Ed Byrne and featured a keynote speech from Innocent Drinks co-founder Richard Reed.
Winners on the evening included automotive parts manufacturer Xtrac, fast-growing energy company First Utility and children’s publisher Nosy Crow. Special categories honoured the very best from the world of exporting, retail, branding and digital as well as those growing through export.
As well as hearing from our sponsors and partners, Real Business grabbed the winners as they came of stage to garner their immediate reactions. From serving as an acknowledgement to employee’s hard work to demonstrating how a disruptive presence has worked, each had something different to talk about.
Read more about the winners at the Growing Business Awards:
- Why Nosy Crow was inspired by Finding Nemo’s Dory
- Life in the fast lane for Xtrac CEO Peter Digby
- Taking on the energy industrys big six incumbents
- Businesses should fill a gap in every market or someone else will
- Sprinkling innovation across a burnt-out industry
- Roaming Roosters: Sticking to tradition
- Export is difficult for a UK startup but you don’t have to do it alone