Company name: Softcat
What they do: IT software and hardware licensing
The Boss: Martin Hellawell
Latest turnover (£,000): 219,228
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 29
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 16,527
Softcat’s self-declared aim is simple: “to be an extension of your IT department”. The company is a reseller, working with customers in the corporate and public sector to address their IT sourcing and software licensing needs.
The company has more than 5,000 customers and employs over 500 staff in three operational centres. Customers include EDF, St John Ambulance, the NHS, London & Country and even Hot 100 company Opus Energy. Current turnover is £219.2m, up from £102.9m four years ago, while pre-tax profits stand at £16.5m.
Softcat prides itself as a good place to work, and was voted 10th in the UK’s Great Place to Work list last year, as well as dozens of other awards.
“In the next financial year, we will continue to focus our energy on our employees and customers,” says Softcat MD Martin Hellawell. “It is the hard work of the Softcat team and positive attitude towards our customers that will drive us towards our next big revenue milestone, and the one after that.”
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story