Company name: Parabis
What they do: Claims handling for insurers
The Boss: Tim Oliver
Latest turnover (?,000): 25,738
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 69
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 1,987
Launched in 2000 by lawyer Tim Oliver, Parabis handles claims for insurance firms, bringing together lawyers and rehabilitation professionals. Last year, the company sold a majority stake in its business to private equity house Duke Street, handing it a war chest of around £50m to fund ambitious expansion plans.
This year, the company announced plans to merge part its Plexus Law business with insurance dispute resolution firm Greenwoods. This is a great deal for both firms,” says Parabis chief exec and Plexus senior partner Tim Oliver. Together we have greater strength in depth and capability the better to serve our clients in this rapidly-developing market.
Sales have soared from £5.3m to £25.7m over the past four years.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.