The basicsCompany name: City & Country Group
What they do: Develops historical homes
The Boss: Helen Moore
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 19,073
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 29
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 3,765
The detailsCity & Country is a niche property developer, specialising in the restoration of historically-listed buildings into residential properties. This 50-year-old family-owned business has been specialising in historic properties for 25 years buying old hospitals, asylums, schools and other listed buildings and transforming them into homes. ?The current market has created a real opportunity for us. Most developers won?t touch the types of project that we do with a bargepole,? says managing director Helen Moore. The company buys the sites unconditionally, with no planning changes guaranteed. ?We find that we can then get the site at a better price. While these are all complex and challenging sites, we always know there is an angle for us,? says Moore. Turnover at City & Country has grown from ?9m to ?19.1m in four years.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story