The basicsCompany name: State Oil
What they do: Oil importer and auto fuel supplier
Headquarters: St. Albans
The Boss: Sanjeev and Arani Soosaipillai
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 540,560
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 54
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 5,944
The detailsSince setting up the business in 2000, husband and wife team Sanjeev and Arani Soosaipillai’s company State Oil has become one of the largest petrol and diesel blenders and distributors in the country, selling fuel to firms including Stagecoach, National Express and Royal Mail. In addition to doing business through its sub-brand Prax Petroleum, Surrey-based State Oil also does business in the forecourt-management business, administering ten fuel service stations in the UK. Over the last four years, pre-tax profits have nearly tripled, from £2.1m in 2009 to £5.9m last year on a turnover of £540.1m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story