The basicsCompany name: Ruffer Management
What they do: Investment and advisory services
The Boss: Jonathan Ruffer
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 131,710
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 52
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 108,622
The detailsIn addition to managing its own funds, investment house Ruffer looks after investments for private clients and institutions. The company likens its role as ?a pig hunting for truffles?, finding rewarding but sound investments for clients. The company?s payroll reads like a veritable Who?s Who of finance. In addition to David Ruffer, former chief investment officer of Rathbone Brothers, the company?s deputy chairman is Sir David Clementi, the former deputy governor of the Bank of England. Viscount Tamworth is a co-founder, as is Jane Tufnell, who ran part of NatWest?s pension fund. Turnover is ?131.7m with an impressive Ebitda of ?108.6m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story