Company name: Waxman Group
What they do: Ceramics, synthetic fibres and green energy
The Boss: Richard Waxman
Latest turnover (?,000): 48,714
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 52
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 2,465
Founded in 1958 by Albert Waxman, Waxman Group is one of the leading distributors of tiles and mosaics in Britain. Son Richard is now in charge, and the company has diversified into distributing solar panels, biomass pumps, synthetic fabrics and faux fur fibres, among other things.
Turnover at the company has grown from £1.4m to £4.9m in four years, with £2.5m Ebitda, but Waxman is actively seeking to increase sales across all of the company’s business sectors, particularly in the solar and renewables energy.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.