Company name: Arrowedge
What they do: Supplies pharma products to pharmacists
The Boss: Ullas Patel
Latest turnover (£,000): 36,464
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 51
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 1,338
Arrowedge, a family business owned and set up by pharmacist Ullas Patel in 1982, supplies drugs to pharmacies. The business started out as a small chain of high-street pharmacies, but today the business has developed into a wholesaler of pharmaceutical products.
The business continues to be family-run – now by Nitesh Patel – who, encouraged by favourable exchange rates, has taken the business international. From its temperature-controlled warehouse and cold storage facilities near Poole, Arrowedge ships pharmaceuticals throughout Europe, with plans to begin exporting to South America and Asia.
Compound sales growth over four years is 51 per cent, with profits of £1.4m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story