The basicsCompany name: GCI Telecom Group
What they do: Telephony and data services for mid-sized firms
The Boss: Wayne Martin
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 43,514
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 50
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 7,340
The detailsGCI Telecom?s niche is to provide telephony and data services specifically to mid-sized corporates and smaller enterprises. With a turnover of ?43.5m, GCI has amassed a significant war chest to grow by acquisition. In addition to a ?22m funding boost from Barclays in 2011, the company took a ?10m investment from the Business Growth Fund last year. ?This gives us the opportunity to significantly build scale and service diversity at a time when our clients need it and the market conditions are ripe for growth,? says CEO Wayne Martin. With 220 staff across nine UK locations, a lot of GCI?s growth has come from 19 strategic acquisitions made since the company was formed in 2000. With a 50 per cent compound annual growth rate and pre-tax profits of ?7.3m, GCI is one to watch.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story