The basicsCompany name: Echo Sourcing
What they do: Women’s fashion manufacturers and wholesalers
The Boss: Para Hamilton and Shafiq Hassan
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 55,088
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 48
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 6,091
The detailsEver wondered who makes the women’s clothing that you find on the high street? Chances are that some of it is designed and made by Echo Sourcing, an outsourcing British-Bangladeshi apparels company set up by Shafiq Hassan and Para Hamilton in 1996. The company manufactures printed women’s t-shirts through its Bangladeshi subsidiary Echotex and sells them in the UK to chains including New Look, Debenhams, Fat Face, Peacock and Primark. The company employs some 6,000 production workers in Bangladesh, while Hamilton supervises product designs from the company’s London office. Pre-tax profit is £6.1m on a turnover of £55.1m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story