The basicsCompany name: Forelle Estates Holdings
What they do: Property developer and petrol station operator
The Boss: Mike Price
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 12,536
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 48
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 2,956
The detailsForelle Estates has grown very quickly, from £3.9m to £12.5m of sales in four years, thanks to its two-pronged investment strategy. The company is split between an impressive property portfolio and the company’s petrol station operations, under the Peregrine Retail brand. In the last year, Forelle’s property portfolio benefited from the economic downturn, as the company’s chairman, Robert O’Connell, explains: “The virtual absence of significant new building and lack of finance for speculative development did, to some extent, help support the letting of existing properties. But new potential tenants were very aware of their strong bargaining position when it came to negotiating contracts.”
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story