The basicsCompany name: Kelway
What they do: IT services powerhouse
The Boss: Phil Doye
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): £350,710
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 47
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 13,515
The detailsKelway continues to be one to watch. The company is a long way away from its humble beginnings as a fax roll and printer cartridge-selling business. From procurement through to consultancy, networks to enterprise and data centre infrastructures, Kelway is now one of the country’s fastest-growing IT suppliers. In the last year alone, the company has added nearly £100m to its turnover in the last year, bringing sales to £350.7m with pre-tax profits of £13.5m. Founder and CEO Phil Doye says he wants to add another £100m this year. To achieve that, Kelway is focusing on building its services business, and is on the acquisition trail to give the company a leg up. Currently services make up 20 per cent of the business. “We’re absolutely focused on growing services. First we want to get the basics of our services business right, this will then allow us to refocus our core growth next year,” says Doye. The company recently made a £2m investment in a new managed service centre in Peterborough and also invested a similar amount in its cloud platform, both of which will play a key role in the company’s future.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story