The basicsCompany name: Ceuta Healthcare
What they do: Builds, sells and markets health and beauty brands
The Boss: Edwin Bessant
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 53,697
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 46
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 2,925
The detailsThrough partnerships with manufacturers both in the UK and abroad, Ceuta Healthcare provides total management and representation of brands in various trade channels, including pharmacy, grocery and health foods. Ceuta was set up in 1994 by Edwin Bessant and Annette D’Abreo when they saw an opportunity for a company to represent overseas businesses in Britain. Set up with a £100,000 loan from the then-Department for Trade and Industry and £80,000 of their own startup capital, the pair have grown the company to now employ 185 staff who represent brands in 98 different markets. Ceuta works with both smaller brands and large multinationals, such as Procter & Gamble. The company turns over £53.7m and has almost tripled sales in three years. Pre-tax profits are £2.9m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story