Company name: Focusrite Audio Engineering
What they do: Professional audio equipment manufacturer
Headquarters: High Wycombe
The Boss: Phil Dudderidge
Latest turnover (£,000): 25,270
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 41
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 2,760
Born out of a request from “fifth Beatle” Sir George Martin for specialised audio equipment in 1985, Focusrite has become one of the world’s most respected professional audio equipment makers. The business was acquired by Phil Dudderidge – Led Zeppelin’s first dedicated live sound man – in 1989 and its products have been used by musicians and sound engineers around the world since.
The transition to digital has been smooth for Focusrite, who designed its first computer audio interface in 2000. This has since become the company’s core area. “Part of our success comes from anticipating market demands for a changing world,” says Dudderidge.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story