The basicsCompany name: Severn & Wye Smokery
What they do: Supplier of smoked fish and poultry
The Boss: Richard Cook
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 25,609
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 39
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 1,275
The detailsYou know your business is doing well when it is selected as an official supplier at the Olympic Games, as was Severn & Wye Smokery last summer. The business supplies a range of smoked gourmet fish, game and meat products and even runs a popular restaurant. The company?s client list is pretigious to say the least: Selfridges, Fortnum & Mason, Harrods, The Ritz Claridges, The Savoy… all stock Severn & Wye Smokery products. Severn & Wye Smokery was set up on the edge of the Royal Forest of Dean, between two of England?s most celebrated salmon rivers. Though the business has since had to move to a state-of-the-art fish processing plant in Westbury-On-Severn to accommodate its fast-growing success, founder Richard Cook has stayed true to the business?s roots, restoring the old smokery in 2007. Turnover has grown from ?9.4m to ?25.6m in four years.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story