The basicsCompany name: Test Equipment Asset Management
What they do: Rental and sale of precision electronic testing equipment
The Boss: Nigel Brown
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 60,424
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 39
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 18,333
The detailsTest Equipment Asset Management, which trades under the name Microlease, has been renting out and selling precision electronic testing equipment since 1979. The company has over 23,000 assets, worth more than $430m, on its books, which it ships to 85 countries. The company offers more than 4,000 product lines, from digital voltmeters to spectrum analysers, radiation meters to cell phone testers. Backed by Lloyds Development capital, the company turns over £60.4m a year, with healthy pre-tax profits of £18.3m. Four-year compound sales growth is 39 per cent. “In the past five years, Microlease has delivered compound annual growth of over 30 per cent,” says Microlease CEO Nigel Brown. “In tough economic times, helping customers maximise the use of their assets and procure equipment more effectively is extremely valuable. With increased awareness around cost of ownership, there is expected to be more opportunity for us to help customers manage their costs more effectively and deliver value to them.”
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story