Company name: British Harlequin
What they do: Flooring for theatre and entertainment venues
Headquarters: Tunbridge Wells
The Boss: Bob Dagger
Latest turnover (?,000): 11,310
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 38
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 1,085
Founded in 1979 by Bob Dagger, Harlequin Floors has become recognised worldwide for its experience and reputation. Used by all the top opera houses including the Royal Opera House, the Bolshoi Theatre, Paris Opera Ballet and Sydney Opera House ? Harlequin is the world leader in flooring for dance, shows and events.
“When I launched my company over 30 years ago, I aimed at designing floors for theatre and dance using new, advanced materials,” says Dagger. I” m pleased that today nearly all of the world’s most prestigious dance companies, along with many of the world’s largest venues, recognise the advantages of Harlequin floors; fewer injury risks and improvement in artists” trust in the floor.
Turnover has risen from £4.3m to £11.3m in four years, while Ebitda stands at £1.1m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.