The basicsCompany name: British Harlequin
What they do: Flooring for theatre and entertainment venues
Headquarters: Tunbridge Wells
The Boss: Bob Dagger
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 11,310
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 38
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 1,085
The detailsFounded in 1979 by Bob Dagger, Harlequin Floors has become recognised worldwide for its experience and reputation. Used by all the top opera houses ? including the Royal Opera House, the Bolshoi Theatre, Paris Opera Ballet and Sydney Opera House ? Harlequin is the world leader in flooring for dance, shows and events. ?When I launched my company over 30 years ago, I aimed at designing floors for theatre and dance using new, advanced materials,? says Dagger. ?I? m pleased that today nearly all of the world?s most prestigious dance companies, along with many of the world?s largest venues, recognise the advantages of Harlequin floors; fewer injury risks and improvement in artists? trust in the floor.? Turnover has risen from ?4.3m to ?11.3m in four years, while Ebitda stands at ?1.1m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story