The basicsCompany name: Longfield Chemicals
What they do: Plastics distributor
The Boss: Stuart Forsyth and Mark Pepper
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 70,406
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 38
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 2,172
The detailsFollowing another strong year, Longfield Chemicals re-appears in the Hot 100. Turnover grew by nearly ?20m in the last year to just over ?70m, as the business continues to dominate the plastic polymers market. Established in 1968, this privately-owned business is one of the UK?s largest and longest-established distributors and traders of plastic raw materials, handling around 70,000 tonnes per year. It covers Western Europe from its Cheshire head office and via agents based in the Czech Republic and Croatia. Although operating in a volatile environment ? the cost of raw materials can swing up and down very quickly ? co-owners Stuart Forsyth and Mark Pepper say the company is small enough to react to changes swiftly enough to mitigate any real risk.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story