Company name: Cornwall Holdings
What they do: Sand extraction and crankshaft manufacturing
The Boss: Leonard Bransby
Latest turnover (?,000): 39,086
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 38
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 4,712
Cornwall Holdings owns two subsidiaries: Darcast Crankshafts, a crankshaft manufacturer, and Yorkshire Mineral Co, which extracts silica sand and manufactures resin-coated sand.
Darcast has been making shell-moulded crankshafts for more than 50 years, selling them across the globe to most of the major car manufacturers as well as to the agricultural, off-highway and other industrial sectors.
Cornwall Holdings acquired the Yorkshire Mineral Company in 2007, as resin-coated sand is a key raw material for Darcast Crankshafts. The acquisition places Darcast in a unique position in the market of having complete control over its resin-coated sand requirements,” says Leonard Bransby, the company’s chief executive.
Turnover at Cornwall Holdings is £39.1m with pre-tax profits of £4.7m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.