The basicsCompany name: Moortown Construction
What they do: Building and civil engineer contractors
The Boss: Tom McManus
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 35,511
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 37
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 4,196
The detailsMoortown Construction was founded as a civil engineering specialist in 1998. This West-Yorkshire business has developed into a multi-sector building and civil engineering contractor working on projects in the education, healthcare, retail and residential sectors among others. Moortown Construction employs 52 construction professionals and 36 administrative staff for an annual turnover of £35.5m, up from £13.9m four years ago. Project sizes range from £10,000 to £12m across the UK. Moortown boss Tom McManus says: “We are proud of the reputation we have gained within the industry, enjoying repeat contracts with many varied clients.”
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story