The basicsCompany name: Smartway
What they do: Pharmaceuticals wholesaler
The Boss: Kirti Patel
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 238,420
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 130
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 10,362
The detailsLeicester-based Smartway, run by husband and wife team Hitendra and Kirti Patel, is a pharmaceuticals wholesaler. Registered with the UK Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Authority, this family-run business imports and exports drugs to doctors, pharmacists and hospitals across Europe and further afield. Over the last four years, turnover has jumped from ?19.6m to ?238.4m, and profits have grown from ?2m to ?10.4m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story