Company name: Smartway
What they do: Pharmaceuticals wholesaler
The Boss: Kirti Patel
Latest turnover (£,000): 238,420
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 130
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 10,362
Leicester-based Smartway, run by husband and wife team Hitendra and Kirti Patel, is a pharmaceuticals wholesaler. Registered with the UK Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Authority, this family-run business imports and exports drugs to doctors, pharmacists and hospitals across Europe and further afield.
Over the last four years, turnover has jumped from £19.6m to £238.4m, and profits have grown from £2m to £10.4m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 1002013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story