Company name: AWC Industries
What they do: Precision components manufacturing for auto industry
The Boss: Allan Cook
Latest turnover (£,000): 50,598
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 36
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 5,954
Birmingham-based manufacturer AWC Industries trades under two brands: Wild Manufacturing Group and Wild Springs & Wireforms. The former produces more than two million small and medium precision components, assemblies and brackets every day, while the latter produces more than 150 million springs, wires and tubes per annum. Both companies supply almost exclusively to the automotive industry in more than 35 countries.
The company owns a factory in Redditch, near Birmingham; in Hückeswagen, Germany; and another in Aszar, Hungary. Pre-tax profits are £10m on £50.6m of sales.
“We have grown during what has been a record year for us and that success has been export led,” says AWC Industries’ owner Allan Cook. “We are competing in a huge marketplace in which up to 60 per cent of our work is exported. That is quite unusual for a UK-based company but we are successfully working alongside and selling to global OEMs.”
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story