Company name: Bet365 Group
What they do: On- and off-line betting
The Boss: Siblings John and Denise Coates
Latest turnover (£,000): 721,833
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 36
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 155,764
Despite being one of the largest companies on this year’s Hot 100 list, Bet365 continues to surprise, with a 36 per cent compound annual growth rate over the last four years.
Turnover at the betting firm has grown from £288.7m to £721.8m, largely led by growth in online customers. Bett365’s website is available in 17 languages and it attracts punters from more than 200 countries.
Based in Stoke-On-Trent, the company is still run by siblings John and Denise Coates, who learnt their trade from their father Peter, who ran a chain of betting shops. Today the company pulls in pre-tax profits of £155.8m, a far cry from when the company was started in a portakabin.
“We have been pleased with our continued growth both in the UK and abroad,” says Denise Coates, who owns 50.1 per cent of the business. “The last year has seen us gain licenses in Australia, Denmark and Spain and we are looking forward to gaining licenses in other jurisdictions as opportunities arise.”
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story