Company name: ITMSoil Group
What they do: Geotechnical equipment manufacturer
The Boss: Mark Kirkbride
Latest turnover (£,000): 18,865
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 36
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 1,381
ITMSoil designs and manufactures geotechnical and structural monitoring instrumentation – in other words, the company’s tools ensure that civil engineering, mining and railway projects don’t just fall to pieces.
The company sells through a network of 40 distributors and agents worldwide, and ITMSoil’s instruments and monitoring services have been involved in projects ranging from New York City’s $7.2bn tunnel link project, to Turkey’s Ilisu Dam, the London Underground and Crossrail, Europe’s largest civil engineering project. Turnover has more than doubled in three years to £18.9m with a pre-tax profit of £1.4m.
The company employs around 200 people, with offices in France, Germany, USA, Australia and two in London.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story