Company name: UKFast.net
What they do: Internet hosting and data centres
The Boss: Lawrence Jones
Latest turnover (£,000): 16,019
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 36
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 5,038
Manchester-based cloud specialist UKFast is the UK’s largest privately-owned web hosting firm. Founder and CEO Lawrence Jones says customer service is behind the company’s success. “When founding the company in 1999, we knew we could bring service excellence to the technology sector. We’ve had customer service at our core since day one and as we continue to grow, customer service is at the heart of those plans.”
UKFast has impressive growth plans for its data centre business. The company has launched three new data centre facilities in the past 12 months and has earmarked a 30-acre site for future development. On a turnover of £16m, UKFast has recorded a healthy pre-tax profit of £5m.
Lawrence’s tip for entrepreneurs? Write your goals down. “Write them down in a book, then close it. You will achieve anything if you focus on it enough, and writing it down helps – trust me.”
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story