The basicsCompany name: Aston Manor Brewery
What they do: Third-largest cider producer
The Boss: Peter Ellis
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 106,675
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 35
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 3,782
The detailsWith more than 300 acres of orchards, and producing one million pints of cider a day, Aston Manor Brewery is Britain?s largest independently-owned cider maker and the country?s third largest, with 1.4 million hectoliters of cider produced last year ? roughly one million pints a cider a day. Sixty per cent of cider is sold through the company?s own brands, including Frosty Jack?s, Crumpton Oaks and Kingstone Press, and 40 per cent is sold to supermarkets to retail under their own brands. The company is 100 per cent owned by the Ellis family, with headquarters in Birmingham, orchards and a pressing facility in the Malvern Hills and a fermenting and bottling plant in Devon. Turnover stands at ?106.7, up from ?79.3m the previous year.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story