The basicsCompany name: Vital Holdings
What they do: Energy generation and distribution
The Boss: Gary Fielding and Ian Whitelock
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 50,659
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 35
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 3,873
The detailsThrough its Vital Energi business, Vital Holdings has grown sales from £20.6m to £50.7m in four years. Vital Energi is developing new sustainable ways of supplying the heat and power that Britain needs, for example through combined heat and power solutions. Clients include BAA Heathrow Airport, The University of York, MediaCityUK and the Commonwealth Games 2014 among others. Ian Whitelock, the company’s joint MD says the Vital’s engineers are leading the charge. “Our engineers are technically the best in the country and provide the highest levels of customer care while ensuring optimum performance of the plant and equipment in their care. We’ve built a strong reputation in the market for providing a high-quality service and for surpassing its energy savings and CO2 emissions targets for clients.” A compound growth rate of 35 per cent over four years has given the company a pre-tax profit of £3.9m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story