The basicsCompany name: Kingdom Security
What they do: Security guard company
The Boss: Terry Barton
The financialsLatest turnover (?,000): 26,045
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 35
Latest Ebitda (?,000): 3,342
The detailsKingdom Security stands out in what is often perceived to be a murky industry. Before founding Kingdom Security, boss Terry Barton worked in the police, completed a law degree and trained to be a solicitor. When a local business asked Barton to recommend a security business, he didn?t know any so did it himself. The company has been growing steadily since he set it up in 1993. “It was a risk and a gamble,” says Barton. Kingdom Security has been the right move ? it has been bloody hard work and hard graft. Growing organically and through acquisitions, the firm now employs more than 1,000 people, undertaking 1.9 guarding hours per year for clients as diverse as Spar, Savills, Ikea and the NHS. Turnover is £26m with pre-tax profits of £3.3m.
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story