The basicsCompany name: Neptune Investment Management
What they do: Investment managers
The Boss: Robin Geffen
The financialsLatest turnover (£,000): 98,952
Four-year compound sales growth (%): 34
Latest Ebitda (£,000): 21,648
The detailsWhen Robin Geffen set up Neptune Investment Management in 2002, he took four funds that he had managed for his previous employer, Orbitex, which allowed him to maintain his own investment style in his new business. Today, the Hammersmith-based business runs 25 international funds, focused mainly on equities. It’s a profitable business, with Ebitda at the company of £21.6m on a £99m turnover. The company is still privately owned, with employees and directors owning around three-quarters of the company. Courtesy of his 47.2 per cent stake in the company, Geffen, a keen racehorse owner, made it on to this year’s Sunday Times Rich List with a fortune of £90m. “We started with four people and £12.5m under management,” says Geffen. “Now, we have 112 employees and £6.25bn to manage. We have done this at a volatile time for the economy, but the figures don’t scare me. We’re doing the same things we always have.”
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 list
- Read the full Hot 100 2013 analysis
- Read the full details of the Hot 100 methodology.
- The Hot 100 2013 is produced in association with Investec, Jordans, Cass Business School and Your Business Your Future.
- The 2013 Hot 100 was announced at the 2013 Investec Entrepreneurs’ Summit, held on June 7, 2013 at the London Corinthia.
- Follow Hot 100 and other Real Business entrepreneurial news on Twitter and #invhot100 #entrepreneurs2013
- Sign up for the Real Business newsletter.
Share this story